FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Whiskey Lullaby by Dawn Martens and Emily Minton



The Run Down

  • Hero/Heroine = 4
  • Supporting Characters = 4
  • Plot = 4
  • Setting = 4
  • Originality = 3
  • Romance = 5
  • Sex = 4

Total Score 


The Gist of the Thing


Jase cheated on the love of his life, Julie, driving her away 9 years ago. Now she is back and he has a second chance to show her they can be happy together.

Technical Details


  • Published on September 5, 2013
  • I received a ARC from the authors in exchange for a honest review.
  • 205 pages
  • Contemporary romance

Back Blurb 


Julie Walker thought she found true love with Jase. Until he betrayed her in the worst way, with one of her best friends. Devastated and heartbroken she runs away,leaving behind her family and friends. She starts a new life filled with secrets. When Julie meets Dean, she thinks he is the answer to all her prayers, but Dean isn’t who she thinks he is.

Jase Gibson is a player. Even when he had the girl of his dreams, he still played. When he lost Julie, his life fell apart. He turned to whiskey and women, to fill the void. But, only Julie will ever make him whole.
Nine years later, Julie's back home, but shes not alone. What will happen when all of Julie's secrets are uncovered?

Jase vowed that if he ever got her back, he would do right by her and never let her go. Will he let Julie's secret keep them apart? When Julie's ex-husband refuses to be her ex, Jase must choose to help her or hang on to his anger. Jase and Julie have to find a way to give their whiskey lullaby a happy ending.


What I LIKED about this book.


People screw up. It happens. Sometimes they find a way to move past it and be happy. 


What I DISLIKED about this book.


The ex-best friend, I could have lived without her sob story. It seemed contrived, like maybe she was making it up. 



Full Review


I have read the book, read other reviews of the book, and talked about the book at length with fellow bloggers. I keep hearing how it was too predictable. I disagree. Predictable yes, because it follows a formula that works. I don't think it is too predictable. Another complaint I heard was they the H/h jump back in the sack after nine years apart and a lot of ill will between them. Whoa, whoa. Back up. Before the pain there was love. The love is still there, they are both hurting. The one thing each of them wants in all the world is to be together. Then, all of a sudden they are alone together. I kind of thought it was a natural reaction. If I am thirsty and you sit a glass of water in front of me I am going to drink it. Same principal. 

Did Jase have a good reason for cheating? Is there ever a good reason for cheating? You have to decide that for yourself. I was entertained while I read the book. That is all I ever ask. 



Buy It


Author Links


Dawn Martens
Dawn's Links














Emily Minton


Emily's Links
 

 


 a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!