FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Reclaim My Heart by Donna Fasano



The Run Down

  • Hero/Heroine = 3
  • Supporting Characters = 3
  • Plot = 2
  • Setting = 3
  • Originality = 3
  • Romance = 2
  • Sex = 4

Total Score 

The Low Down

Tyne kept her child a secret from his father until she needed a good lawyer. Becoming a family again is all well and good, but I could not make myself like Tyne. 

Technical Details

  • Published by Hard Knocks Books on May 10, 2013.
  • I received a digital ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 
  • 230 pages
  • Contemporary romance

Back Blurb 

Sixteen years ago, Tyne Whitlock cut all ties to her past and left town under the shameful shadow of a teenage pregnancy. Now her fifteen-year-old son is in trouble with the law and she is desperate for help. But reaching out to high-powered attorney Lucas Silver Hawk will tear open the heart-wrenching past in ways Tyne never imagined. Forced to return to the Delaware Indian community where Lucas was raised, Tyne and Lucas are tempted by the heated passion that consumed them as teens. Tyne rediscovers all the reasons she found this man irresistible, but there are scandalous secrets waiting to be revealed, disgraceful choices made in the past that cannot be denied. Love is a powerful force that could heal them both--if the truth doesn't rip them apart.

What I LIKED about this book.

Lucas works hard to make up the time he lost with his son. He has reasons to be angry with Tyne but doesn't let his anger get the better of him.

What I DISLIKED about this book.

Tyne. 

Full Review

I would like to start of by saying the author did a great job creating her characters. Love them or hate them,
an author that can make you feel something for the characters has succeeded. Tyne, I do not like this woman. If she had chosen to reveal her son to his father for any other reason than she needed a lawyer, I might have liked her. His existence has been a secret from his father up until he became a juvenile delinquent. I fixated on her and that was the end of it. The book has a lot of emotion and if you enjoy the secret baby trope, I recommend giving this title a read. For me, it was as enjoyable. 

Buy It

Author Links


Quotes worth repeating...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!