FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gone Wild by Ever McCormick


The Run Down

  • Hero/Heroine = 4
  • Supporting Characters = 4
  • Plot = 3
  • Setting = 4
  • Originality = 2
  • Romance = 3
  • Sex = 4

Total Score 

The Low Down 

Ina is evaluating her life. She no longer knows what she wants. She decides a month alone will clear her head. There, she meets caretaker Adam and finds even more questions. 

Technical Details


  • Published by Barefoot Publishing on August 15, 2013.
  • I received a digital ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 
  • 260 pages
  • Contemporary romance

Back Blurb 

Just before college graduation, Ina--star of her senior class--made a mistake that went viral. Then, when life seemed like it couldn’t get any worse, she walked in on her boyfriend cheating with her roommate. To get away, Ina ventures to a cabin on a remote mountain, intent on some solitary time. She doesn't count on Adam -- the man who watches over the cabins -- being so distractingly sexy. Adam came to the mountain to get distance from anything that could cause him pain, and Ina stirs feelings in him he thought he’d left behind.As Adam and Ina open up about their pasts, the mountain seems like the perfect setting for a second chance at love.
Until they realize they’re not alone

What I LIKED about this book.

Ina does not play games. She is straightforward. She does not always know her own mind but she will let you know what is going on up there rather than make you guess. The men were more confusing. Kind of a role flip from the traditional. 

What I DISLIKED about this book.

I wanted Ina to blast her ex boyfriend. He deserved a verbal beating. 

Full Review


I went back and forth on this book. I liked the characters. Adam was sexy and sensitive. Ina was a woman I could be friends with. I liked them together. It was a fast romance. I can hear her mother telling her not to be too impulsive. Her ex boyfriend is a real jerk. If I had been Ina, I would of kicked him all the way down the mountain. The danger in the book was subtle but it got to me. As a woman, I can imagine being isolated and threatened would be terrifying. 
There is someone lurking on the mountain. I think Adam and Ina did not give this as much attention as they should have but do any of us? How many people are told they need to leave an area due to hurricane or hide in the cellar from the storm and just sit on the couch? I am guilty of ignoring tornado sirens. I love Ina for taking care of business when the time is right. You will have to read to find out what I am talking about. Sorry, not spoiling it.



Buy It



Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!