FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lick by Kylie Scott


A month before the release date, I requested an advanced copy of Lick from Netgalley to review. Very shortly there after, I received  an email informing me that the publisher has denied by request. 
*Gasp! WHY?!
I was denied because I am not in Australia. Can't be too upset about that. I can't even relocate to Australia, though I would be tempted to try for Kylie Scott books. Mother Nature has a vendetta against me. I have a hard enough time in America. If I lived in Australia, I would be consumed by a shark before the plan landed. You mark my words. So, no advanced copies of Kylie Scott titles for me. But that is okay. 

Ain't no thing, chicken wing.
The day finally arrived, release day. I purchased my copy, downloaded it to the trusty nook, and waited because I have that whole book hoarding issue. Have to save the special ones for the perfect moment. Last night was that moment.  At 9:30 all the people in my house were fast asleep. As this is a miracle at this hour, I took this as the omen I had been waiting for. Time for Lick. 
Tee-hee!
At midnight, Hades rolled over in bed and told me I would regret staying up late to read. I ignored him. He tried two more times to get my attention before I finally told him to hush. He was messing with my happy place. That will not be tolerated. 



 




Without further delay, here is the review for Lick

Publisher Description

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this. Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.
One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride



Review

Poor Ev, she wakes up in Vegas with her head in the toilet bowl. A hot man is in her hotel room and she cannot remember why. Here she is hoping she did not embarrass her self with him and she learns she married him. Her lack of memory doesn't inspire happy thoughts for David. 
Ev: “It’s not fair that you remember and I don’t.”
David: “No,” he said, his voice hard, cold, in a way I hadn’t heard it. He looked over at me, jaw set. “It’s not fair that I remember and you don’t, Evelyn.” 
Things don't get better for a little bit but thankfully for us readers they do get their ducks in a row. Obviously something struck Ev about David that she married him. Might be a good idea to see if she can find it again. 
Emotionally, this book digs into your gut. Kylie likes to make you feel. David and Ev have great dialogue. 
David: “So, come on,” he said softly, taunting me. “What’s the plan here, Ev? How were you going to convince me?”Ev:“Oh. Well, I was um … I was going to seduce you, I guess. And see what happened. Yeah…”David: “How? By complaining about me buying you stuff?”Ev: “No. That was just an added bonus. You’re welcome.”David: He licked his lips, but I saw the smile. “Right. Come on then, show me your moves.”Ev: “My moves?”David: “Your seduction techniques. Come on, time’s a-wasting.” I hesitated and he clicked his tongue, impatient. “I’m only wearing a towel, baby. How hard can this be?”  
David and Ev's spontaneous relationship means there are ties in the past that need to be taken care off. Ev has her family to deal with and David has some hang ups over an ex who isn't as far in the background as Ev believes she is. They do have an instant chemistry but it is easy. Nothing worth having ever is. You have to work for what you really want to get it. You have to work to keep it. Lick is the first in what I hope will be several books featuring the Stage Dive men.
“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful … Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.” -Lick
Kylie posted a cheat sheet for Lick on her blog. You really should check it out. It is hilarious. Plus, dirty ladybirds (aka ladybugs)!
Goodness. I think we know why it is titled Lick.

Forbidden Fruit Rating








Author Links


Goodreads
Blog
Twitter
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!