FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 4 - 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge hosted by Good Books, Good Wine's Challenge 

Day 4: What is the Last Book You Threw Across The Room?


So today is the day we rip open old wounds, I see. Alright then. Let's do this. 

When I am asked about a book I threw across the room, I will not answer with books that were just not good. No, I reserve this title for books that changed me. Not good changes. Not changes like the Ninja Turtles went through with the ooze that made them better terrapins. I am talking about changes like when Jeff Goldblum became the fly. Nasty, evil changes. 

Two books come to mind. The first one I wrote about in a previous post. It involved the heroine getting some attention below the belt by a panther. It was so squick I had to take a shower to clean my brain. I did not finish the book, avoid the author, and do my best to forget the incident. Unpleasant but no real lasting damage to my psyche.

The second book is Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward. The story of  Vhishous, the tech genius for the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and human doctor Jane. I have loved Vhishous since book one. V's book was one I waited for above all others. I read it and was devastated. Jane and V did not deserve this! How could J.R. Ward do that to them?! I read to the very last page, praying Ms. Ward would fix it. I waited in vain. I was destroyed by this book. I cried over it. Once the tears stopped, I got angry.

To say I threw the book across the room would be putting it lightly. I drop kicked that sucker like a bad habit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!