FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 14 & 15 - 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

Day 14 - Tell us your deal breakers.

A deal break is anything in a story that makes you slam on the breaks. You stop reading immediately. Absolutely no way you will read it. What are my deal breakers. I like to think I am pretty lax. My only stipulation for a book is that I am entertained. Doesn't have to be great, but diverting from boredom. We all have at least one if not a few deal breaks though. Mine are listed below.


  1. Infidelity. Nope. Noooooope. I don't do cheating. I saw a quote attributed to Johnny Depp, whose to say if he said it or Mork from Ork. It's the internet. The quote was that if you find yourself in love with two people, then you never loved the first person at all. If you did, you wouldn't have fallen for the second. I cannot read it. It make my heart ache too much. It also makes me want to punch the cheater. 
  2. Rape by the hero. Talk about things that make you say "Gahhh-WHAAT?!" I don't even know how this gets in to a book. I admit I read one story that this worked. It makes me want to vomit a little that I can say that but it was a very unique situation. Still wrong. Only reason I continued was because I am head over heels for the author. 
  3. Aplh-holes. He is such a horrid person we, the readers, do not understand how anyone could possibly find him attractive. The heroine just loves him though. As a matter of fact, women probably flock to him. He is not redeemable. 
  4. The too much women. I do not like to read about women that can't be a partner. A women who is too weak to make the simplest decisions, I don't want to read it. A women who is too in control to let someone become a part of their life, I don't want to read it. I want to read men and women who form a loving partnership that benefits both. 
  5. TSTL aka Too Stupid To Live. He or she just cannot stop wrecking everything. Looks like we are on the road to happiness? Guess I should find a way to royally trash all hope of a HEA. Yep, sounds good. No! Stop messing with my happy story. 

Do us all a favor. 

Day 15 - Tell us your book blogging mentors.

Chances are, if I am following the blog, it is because I admire and enjoy them. I don't follow any that do not appeal to me. I like to include their blog buttons if they have one, or just add them to the Blogs I Follow section of the blog. I did pick out two blogs that I really pay attention to. 

Parajunkee She provides tutorials as well as does blog design. I have learned so much from her blog. 

Herding Cat's and Burning Soup - Besides being a great blogger, she is excellent at the social aspect. I follow her on facebook. She is a great example of reaching out to readers on other platforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!