FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 12 & 13 - 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

Day 12 - How do you fight blogger fatigue?

Nope. Not today. 

I ask myself what is holding me back. Am I not into the writing? Is it the book? Do I have too much to do? There is always a reason why. Once I know the reason I can either fix it or accept it. Usually I choose to fix it. I know I will feel better once I get over the wall.

Day 13 - Describe one UNDER APPRECIATED book everyone should read.'

Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughn 

Publisher Description

She must choose between her people and her freedom. Xylara is the Daughter of the Warrior King, Xyron. With her father dead and her incompetent half-brother on the throne, the kingdom is in danger of falling to the warring Firelanders. Before she was old enough for a marriage-of-alliance, Xylara was trained as a healer. She can't usurp her brother or negotiate a peace--but she can heal the brave ones injured in battle. But not only her countrymen are wounded, and Xylara's conscience won't let Firelander warriors die when she can do something to save them. 

She learns their language and their customs and tries to make them as comfortable as possible, despite their prisoner-of-war status. She never expects that these deeds, done in good faith, would lead to the handsome and mysterious Firelander Warlord demanding her in exchange for a cease-fire. Xylara knows must trade the life she has always known for the well-being of her people, and so she becomes the warprize. 
Okay, but why?

Why did I like this books so much? It was one of the first times I read about H/h culture shock. Sure, every hero and heroine has to learn their way but they usually speak the same language, have a basic grasp of what the other believes. It was fascinating to watch them learn not only to love each other, but adapt to the other's culture. This is the first book in a three book trilogy. It is one of my all time favorites. 

Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!