FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 10 - 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge hosted by Good Books, Good Wine's Challenge 


My nook is full of books. My kindle is less full but still has plenty to keep me busy. I read pretty fast so this isn't a big deal but trying to choose what to read next is crucial to me. I put a lot of pressure on myself to pick the right book. Not sure why, not like I have a boss or anything. Books are important to me. If I was a Disney princess, pretty sure I would be Belle. Minus the bestiality. (He's technically human so that doesn't really count, does it?)

 How do you choose what to read next?

What have I promised to read?
I like to think that my word is good so when I make a promise to read and review a title, I want to get it done. I try to tailor this around my moods so I am into what I am reading. I don't want my out of it mood to color the review. I want to start it with a positive attitude. Netgalley books and any others I receive from other avenues are kept in a separate place so I can get to them sooner than the books I have just for me. I look through this pile first.
Still waiting on this, Hades. 
What am I in the mood for?
I go through phases. I will want to read contemporary but after a few books I will switch it up to paranormal. I might get stuck on cowboys for a while, or werewolves, or millionaires. Recently, I was reading several motorcycle club books and books with tattooed heroes. My mood has been known to change mid-book. I will pause and try something else. I don't want to slog through something that I am not enjoying. I always try to come back to the book. If I just cannot get into it, then I admit it is a DNF for me and move on. Life is
too short to waste on a book you are not enjoying. 

Alternative Prince Adam and Belle
What have I been waiting for?
The book or author that I have been waiting to be released? They might be read sooner than others. This has also been true of new authors. I hear good things, lots of recommendations, or I just liked the description could get it bumped into my preferred pile. 


So there you have it. How I choose which book to read next. Do you have a system?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!