FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 1 - 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

I saw this on Parajunkee's blog. It looks fun so I decided to give it a go. If you want to participate you can find the challenge at Good Books and Good Wine.

Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.


  1. My parents had to force me to learn to read. I had zero interest in acquiring this skill.
  2. I loved the Fear Street boos by R.L. Stine. My first one was The Secret Bedroom. The Prom QueenThe Stepsister, 99 Fear Street trilogy, and The Fear Street Saga
  3. I began reading romance because I asked my grandmother about the birds and the bees. She tossed me the book A Whisper of Roses by Teresa Medeiros.
  4. I trade sleep for the chance to read uninterrupted and in silence. My favorite time to read is between ten and midnight. 
  5. I do not like super alpha females if the book is a straight romance. In any other sub genre I am okay with it. I have no idea why. 
  6. When I see the number of books I have read on Goodreads, I am both proud of the accomplishment and a little sad I have not been more productive with my time. As of today, my Goodreads number of books I have read is 2,121.
  7. I like horror movies, even have a horror element when I write, but can only rarely read horror novels. It is not because they bother me, just have so many romance novels on my TBR pile that interest me more. 
  8. I do not enjoy Stephen King novels. Some of them are okay but the majority I read in my younger years did not tickle my fancy. I will watch a Stephen King movie any day of the week. 
  9. When I hear an author bash another author for any reason, or an author bash readers I find it hard to read anything they write from then on. 
  10. I read the Twilight books and the Fifty Shades series. I liked them.
  11. I cannot stand anyone getting grief over their choice of genre/author/book/etc. There is no perfect book that fits everyone. We are all allowed to like what we want. 
  12. Crying is not on the "things I like to do" list. I don't like tragic endings or plots designed to devastate me.
  13. When I think of how many books I will never be able to read before I die I get extremely depressed. 
  14. I hoard books. I have more books than I can possibly read. If I thin it down, I will get nervous that I have nothing to read even if I am sitting on fifty books. 
  15. When I really like an author I might hang on to their latest release for a while because I don't want to finish it and wait forever for the next book. I once left a Sherrilyn Kenyon new release unread for almost a year waiting for the perfect moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!