FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's not you, it's me.


A book series is like a relationship. Some relationships can manage to be happy to the end. Others stagnate and die. I love a good series. My book shelf is adorned with them. My e-reader overflows with them. There comes a time when you have to evaluate what you are getting out of the relationship. Sadly, I have downgraded from seriously attached to barely friends. I have been forced to say goodbye when the flame sputters out. 


That was extremely melodramatic. My five year old would be so proud. Without further whining I present a few of the series I no longer camp out for on release day. 

Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward

I know when I began to loose the spark. Book five, Lover Unbound. It was the story of Vishous and Jane. I was so unhappy with the way the book ended, I couldn't get back into the series. I tried to stick with it. Then a book was dedicated to two characters that I just could not read. The boys Qhuinn and Blaylock. Yes, I mean boys. They spent their much time acting like juvenile idjits in the background for many books. I was okay with that because I could skip over them. An entire book dedicated to them is just too much headache for me. It has been announced that the next book will be about Wrath and Beth. You might remember them from the first book. Why are we dedicating a second book to people who already got a full length happily ever after. I just can't do it any more.

Darkhunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This series I do still read, just not with the same fire as before. I am busier than I was when I first discovered the Darkhunters. I don't have as much time to read so I have to be a little more choosy. Regrettably, the Darkhunters are not as high on my TBR list presently. I read Acheron, amazing. I am stoked about Styxx. There have been a few books in between these that I completely skipped. Rumor mill is that Kenyon has a Darkhunter television series int he works and a movie deal for her Chronicles of Nick. I will absolutely be watching the moment they are available. I will also read any books that Kenyon writes that feature beloved characters from the series we have all been waiting for like Nick, Simi, or Kyrian's daughter.

Both the Anita Blake and The Merry Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton

I read more Anita than I did Merry. I quit Anita around book nine, I think. Merry was book four. Why did I stop? Because I kept experiencing deja vu. Plot points were recycled and nothing was ever being resolved. Irritated and bored, I quit. 


What series' have you lost interest in? Who are you still faithful to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!