FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Friday, May 17, 2013

Beauty and the Wolf by Marina Myles


Publisher Description


Isabella Farrington’s marriage was hasty. For all her new husband’s riches, Lord Draven Winthrop is whispered about, avoided, and feared. Yet Isabella is drawn to Draven’s dark good looks, his strength, the charm he can turn on as easily as she can blink. The impoverished daughter of an Egyptologist, she knows there are rumors about her, too, and the amulet she wears. Nothing more than superstitious babble…But when Isabella returns to Draven’s remote coastal manor, she senses there is something more at work in the grim gardens of Thorncliff Towers than superstition. Draven is passionate and seductive, but he has a brutal, uncontrolled side too, and a history of secrets. To live in peace she must discover the reasons behind a gypsy curse and a mother’s scorn. Especially when she learns Draven believes his sweet young bride is doomed to a fate even darker than his own…

Review

The story jumped right into the action but I felt left behind. The author wants the readers to see the connection between the H/h, but I had a hard time finding it. They did not know each other very well, couldn't stand to be around each other without fighting, and both had hidden agendas that they conveniently forgot. The double curse was interesting. I would have liked to see the H/h travel to Egypt together rather than "What's that over there? Hey! Just what we were looking for." I did not click with this title. It is my first Marina Myles book. I would like to read more books by her. See if this title and I just were not meant to be or if I do not favor the author's voice. 

Forbidden Fruit Rating

   

Author links

Twitter handle @marinaauthor

A book in hand is better than two on the shelf.

-Seph

*FTC Disclosure*
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Netgalley as part of their Professional Reader program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!