FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Author Spotlight: Laurann Dohner


Laurann Dohner writes hot books. Scorching, sizzling, hot books. I first ran across her books less than a year ago. I have read all 25 titles she has published. I couldn't help myself. Once I read one I wanted to read another, then another. There is no shortage of titles to choose from if you want to read a Laurann Dohner publication. They should come with a warning: May cause you to drop everything and read until you run out of books.

A Little About the Author

Ms. Dohner resides in Nevada with her husband and has four children. She says on her website that she did not always know she wanted to write.
"I inhaled books as a child. I read entire series (Pippi Longstockings, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys, Trixie Beldon, The Borrowers, etc) in a matter of days." - Laurann Dohner
Dohner's love of books never waned even as her taste in material grew. She eventually found her way to romance. Dohner wrote poetry and later short stories but did not write her first book until later.

"I started to write my first book after I read a real bomb of one that ticked me off with really horrible characters and a plot that was shabby at best. I though...I could do better!" - Laurann Dohner
That first book was written in early 1990's and Dohner claims it may never be published. It did spawn a series, even if it didn't completely make her happy in its finished state. In the beginning, she was writing for fun. She kept writing for fun until 2009 when she decided to go for it. Ral's Woman, which is her first Sci Fi romance, was the novel. With some small alterations, Ellorascave accepted it!

"It was kind of a 'Cinderella' experience for me. It's been a terrific ride so far and I'm really happy. It's a dream come true." - Laurann Dohner
Ms. Dohner likes a good series. She has built her career and a fan following on the various series she has written.  Currently, Ms. Dohner writes five different series.


  • Cyborg Seduction- 7 books, to date. 8th is a work in progress and subject to change. Sci Fi Romance featuring Cyborgs (duh). 
  • Zorn Warriors- 4 books, to date. 5th, 6th, and 7th are a work in progress and subject to change. Sci Fi romance. Alien humanoid race of warrior and Earth women. 
  • Riding the Reins- 2 books, to date. 3rd is a work in progress and subject to change. Contemporary romance. Hot ranchers and rodeo riders. 
  • Mating Heat - 2 books, to date, 3rd is a work in progress and subject to change. Paranormal romance. Werewolves and other shifters
  • New Species - 10 books, to date. 11th and 12th are a work in progress and subject to change. Paranormal or Sci Fi romance? Not sure how to classify. I lean towards paranormal. Genetically altered humanoid/animal hybrids trying to make a life after being freed from laboratories. 
I have read all of the books in each of the series listed above. I always look forward to the next book she publishes. There are some commonalities in her writing. Like any author, she has a style and a voice that is distinctive to her. If you pick up one of her books and like it, chances are you will soon have read them all like me. I highly recommend starting at the beginning of a series. You won't be totally lost if you do not, but you will be missing out. Laurann Dohner is easily one of my favorite authors. 

A book in the hand is better than two on the shelf.
-Seph

*FTC Disclosure*

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!