FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Friday, March 22, 2013

Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson


Delilah S. Dawson's first book in the Blud series, Wicked as They Come introduces a new world filled with dark carnivals, a whole new breed of vampire critters, and steam punk.

Tish Everett opens a locket and is transported to the land of Sang by Criminy Stain. Not having the best luck with men and love, Tish is reluctant to give in to Criminy. Not to worry, Criminy is no quitter. Sang is filled with Pinkies (humans) and Bludman, who you and I would call vampires  Criminy Stain is a bludmen. Forget what you know about vampires, it doesn't apply to bludmen.When Tish loses the locket to a nefarious man bent of returning to her world, She and Criminy have to put the relationship building on hold. Their search sends them off in the direction of crazy adventure and maybe love along the way.

Delilah had me hooked with evil little blud bunnies. They created a hilarious mental image that served to endear the hero, Criminy Stain, to my heart as he "beat back the bunny hordes." Criminy has a wicked sense of humor. One minute he has you in ear splitting grins, the next he says something to curl your toes in delicious delight. How do you deny the allure of a man who is utterly devoted to you and he has never even met you? Powerful stuff.
“Why, Criminy Stain," I said. "You're a romantic."
"Oh, no," he said with a grin. "I'm fiendish and unscrupulous, a vicious killer and a thief and a bloodthirsty monster. And maybe a little romantic. But don't tell anyone, or my reputation's shot.” 
Whether you prefer contemporary, paranormal, steam punk, or time travel  Wicked as They Come has something for everyone. I laughed quite a bit. The banter between Tish and Criminy is hilarious when it isn't steaming up the windows. There is a novella you can read while you wait for the next full length Blud title, The Mysterious Madame Morpho and The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance.

Wicked as They Come gets three kisses. I was thisclose to giving it four but I really wanted a smidge more closure. I wanted a more concrete HEA. I adored this book and very much plan to read the rest of her work. Wicked as They Come sits in my personal library on the "no you may not borrow it!" shelf.

The next book is Wicked as She Wants.

Forbidden Fruit Rating

  

Author links

Find Delilah on Goodreads and Facebook.

A book in the hand is better than two on the shelf!
- Seph

*FTC Disclosure*

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!