FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

The blurb on the back of the books says:


"It is the year 2058, and technology now completely rules the world. But New York City Detective Eve    Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing-passion. When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed. The high-profile case takes Lieutenant Eve Dallas into the rarefied circles of Washing-ton politics and society. Further complicating matters is Eve's growing attraction to Roarke, who is one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, devilishly handsome... and the leading suspect in the investigation."

What I liked

Well, it was written in a language I could read. That is always a plus. There was a cat. Points in favor because I am an animal lover. Anything I am forgetting? hmmm.....nope. That is all. 

What I did not like. 

I rarely out and out hate a book. I pride myself on finding merit somewhere. This book just did nothing for me. Eve Dallas has personality disorder. The author could not make up her mind who this woman was. Is she a tough cop or a push over? 

*****Mild Spoilers!******
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
\ /

The future Eve Dallas lives in has legalized prostitution. No information is given on how long this law has been in effect, but I thought it seemed like an older law. Eve probably grew up with it in place. So why was she so flippant about the deaths of the prostitutes? I got the feeling that she cared less about their deaths and the very violent way they died because she disapproved of the lifestyle. I found this hypocritical of a woman who was willing to be sleep with a murder suspect days after meeting him. Especially since she is the cop investigating him. 

Roarke was not a good love interest. He "wooed" Eve rather forcefully. He even broke into her apartment. He ordered her around, was mildly violent (pushed her down), and not at all charming. Other than being rich and handsome, he had nothing going for him. Eve is alpha female until Roarke is in the vicinity. Then she becomes spineless and submissive. Pick a personality!

I gave this book one broken heart because I really did not like it. This book was a chore to get through. 












A book in the hand is better than two on the shelf!
Love, Seph

*FTC Disclosure*

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!