FTC Review Disclosure

Review

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crimson Debt by Evangeline Anderson Review

I was lucky enough to receive a free copy of Crimson Debt, the first book in the new Born to Darkness series, by Evangeline Anderson. I was ridiculously overjoyed by my free ebook. I have been reading  Ms. Anderson's work since sometime around 2005. One thing in particular I find fascinating about her work is that she always draws me in. I have looked at the back blurb on certain books and thought, "Nah. I think I might pass on this one until a rainy day." I eventually read it and am hooked for the whole book. There are scenes I might have liked to go differently but the way she writes them are actually the best way for the characters. But I digress...

Crimson Debt

Our hero, Alec Corbin, is a four star (400 years old) master vampire. He owns the premiere sex-glam (blood for mind sex) club Under the Fang in Tampa, Florida. He is sex on a stick handsome with eyes that are to die for. The occasional Gaelic burr would make me swoon. Alas, he wouldn't be interested in me because he has a thing for Addison Godwin, the vampire auditor. Addison, like all auditors, is glam proof. She keeps those naughty vampires in line, or executes them. seeing the worst of them every day, she doesn't really like vampires. Except Taylor, her best friend who was turned against her will by mega skank Celeste. When Celeste gives Taylor to a sadistic visiting dignitary, Addison is forced to ask Corbin for help. Nothing comes for free, especially not when it comes to vampires. Addison is thrust into a world she only thought she knew. Will she learn to see Corbin as a man and not a monster? Can they save Taylor and themselves? Or will someone have to pay the ultimate price, the crimson debt?


Forbidden Fruit Rating




    



Evangeline Anderson is a terrific world builder. I had no trouble trying to "see" it as I read. She took the vampire lore and made it her own. It was not too far from what we are used to in vampire fiction but still different enough to feel fresh. I look forward to more Born to Darkness books. I am especially eager to see a certain werewolf ;0p 

Liked Crimson Debt? Check out her Kindred Brides Series. Two words, hot aliens. 

Author links
You can learn more about Evangeline Anderson and her books at her website or her Facebook page as well as these sites
                              Goodreads
                       Smashwords
                       Dear Author

Buy her books at Amazon 
                                   Ellora's Cave
                          Kensington Publishing Corp
                          Barnes & Noble



A book in the hand is better than two on the shelf!
Love, Seph

*FTC Disclosure*


Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous!